Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Almond Roca Fat Bombs!

So it's been a while since I blogged but I'm still kicking around and low carbing.  In fact, I just celebrated my 7 year Lowcarbaversary!  I also just got back from the Low Carb Cruise, which I highly recommend.   Anyway, the ongoing theme was Keto and upping those fats.  



My favorite fat bomb to date is Rebecca Latham's Fat Bomb Recipe.  I have made it many times.  I went today and bought some freshly ground Almond Butter so I could make some Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Butter.  It's like crack spread on celery!  Anyway, I was looking up the recipe and stumbled upon a new fat bomb recipe and it gave me an idea.   Lucky for me (and you) it is awesome!

Here is the original recipe for English Toffee Fat Bombs, posted by Ketogirl!  I didn't have any English Toffee Syrup or Peanut Butter, but I did have my Almond Butter and SF Almond Roca syrup!  Whomp, there it is!   Almond Roca Fat Bombs.  I impatiently waited for them to cool in the feezer and it was so worth the wait.  They were very similar to Almond Roca candy, but didn't have the hard toffee in the middle that gets stuck in your teeth.  What a bonus!






So here are the details.


Almond Roca Fat Bomb

1 Cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Natural Almond Butter
4 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3 TBSP SF Torani Almond Roca Syrup
2 TBSP Kerrygold Butter

Mix together and cook on stovetop until melted and fully incorporated or I did mine in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time.  Pour into silicone candy molds or cups and put in freezer until set...an hour or so.  Then enjoy!  I was able to make 24 pieces at 14.8 fat grams, 1 gram protein and 1.1 net carbs each
Must be kept in the freezer.



Thank you, Ketogirl, for the inspiration.  This recipe is dedicated to my little sister, Paige, who loves Almond Roca.

No comments: